Sunday, October 4, 2009

A DAY OF REST






Noah and I are headed to the store to pick up some groceries for our first effort at making Churrasco for some friends. Churrasco is the name for a Brazilian BBQ. You BBQ a lot of different kinds of meat and prepare rice and beans as the side dishes. After three months, we are finally abandoning our American habit of eating sandwiches every day for lunch and are embracing the Brazilian Cuisine. It has been fun to learn how to cook new foods, but I still have a big learning curve!

I don't have a lot share with you today, but I wanted to post some pictures from our relaxing day yesterday. Our friends, Maisel and Marcia took us to a Baptist Retreat Center for a day of rest. The retreat center was located in a little valley nestled between some lush green hills. There were several pools, a restaurant, and of course football fields. There was even a very old, small water slide. I did not go on the slide but apparently, it was pretty "rough" from aging and sun exposure. Several people got scrapes on their backs on the way down. In the United States, this would be unacceptable, but here in Brazil it is totally "Legal" Cool. No one seemed to mind-especially the kids! Before I go I want to say Happy Birthday to Anne Clark! Have an amazing day my friend. We love you and miss you guys like crazy! Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment